Emacspeak+freetts

 I was trying to enhance the funtionality of the speech server provided
with the FreeTTS packageas as it  does not implement all the functionality of the protocol specified at
http://emacspeak.sourceforge.net/info/html/TTS-Servers.html

The main thing is that it handles the tts_say and the q text identically. I.e ,when the speech server recevies the q text commands,it starts playback immediately.
It does not queue the text in any way.Also the d command is ignored ,it is not handled by the speech server. It would be really helpful if someone could shed some light about why some text strings are to be queued. And also the repurcursions of handling both the tts_say and the q command identically.

Thank you,
Deepak