Ad-Orig Function Error

I have not seen these -- are you sure this is a stock FSF Gnu
Emacs? Also, try going to Emacs 21.4 and see if that fixes
things.

Emacspeak "advices" the various emacs commands,
e.g. forward-word, and when that is done, the original function
gets renamed to Ad-Orig-<original-name> --- so it looks like your
  emacs and
and Emacspeak think differently about the signature of those
functions.

Without loading emacspeak, do a describe-word of one of those
commands and see what it shows.

    William> I am currently porting Emacspeak 22.0-1 to AIX 5.3D.
    William>
    William> Whenever I attempt to start up Emacspeak, Emacs
    William> (version 21.1-3) loads up with these error messages:
    William>
    William> ad-Orig-forward-word called with 6 arguments, but
    William> accepts only 1.  ad-Orig-upcase-word called with 2
    William> arguments, but accepts only 1.  ad-Orig-upcase-word
    William> called with 2 arguments, but accepts only 1.
    William> ad-Orig-upcase-word called with 2 arguments, but
    William> accepts only 1.  ad-Orig-downcase-word called with 2
    William> arguments, but accepts only 1.
    William> ad-Orig-downcase-word called with 2 arguments, but
    William> accepts only 1.  ad-Orig-downcase-word called with 2
    William> arguments, but accepts only 1.
    William>
    William> Where are the function definitions for these ad-Orig
    William> functions? I cannot seem to find them. Above all,
    William> how do I fix these problems?
    William>

    William> William H. Chan AIX Accessibility Intern<html><body>
    William> face="Courier New">Whenever I attempt to start up
    William> Emacspeak, Emacs (version 21.1-3) loads
    William> New">ad-Orig-forward-word called with 6 arguments,
    William> but accepts only 1.</font><br> <font face="Courier
    William> New">ad-Orig-upcase-word called with 2 arguments,
    William> but accepts only 1.</font><br> <font face="Courier
    William> New">ad-Orig-upcase-word called with 2 arguments,
    William> but accepts only 1.</font><br> <font face="Courier
    William> New">ad-Orig-upcase-word called with 2 arguments,
    William> but accepts only 1.</font><br> <font face="Courier
    William> New">ad-Orig-downcase-word called with 2 arguments,
    William> but accepts only 1.</font><br> <font face="Courier
    William> New">ad-Orig-downcase-word called with 2 arguments,
    William> but accepts only 1.</font><br> <font face="Courier
    William> New">ad-Orig-downcase-word called with 2 arguments,
    William> face="Courier New">Where are the function
    William> definitions for these ad-Orig functions? I
    William> find them. Above all, how do I fix these
    William> New">William H. Chan</font><br>

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman