[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
The ViaVoice tts
- To: Emacspeak MailingList <email@example.com>,Tim Cross <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: The ViaVoice tts
- From: Kalyan Mukherjea <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 17:11:35 +0530
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:from:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:date:to:subject:x-mailer; b=ecidnOH7ZU2T8PV0jMUFeZwThRl0UJHFvT5HwLbx7K37YVQ2WUiaiFlnI8ApzKxRDIBVmsjy37RYTFtWb0/uByVgyV/MYnxEHlkSvBLL/2jCIB5dOdRWzxbwpm3jSyeK2gPlP2WIK200TKZ7ytlVEdpX8WNivCLcXKa6b/cw5G4=
- List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 07:08:23 -0500 (EST)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <TqysW.A.gJD.30mLEB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been trying to use the ViaVoice tts and coming up with a really
strange phenomenon which neither Tim nor Robert D. Crawford have
reported during the course of their discussions on this list.
I am running a Fedora Core 3 system and have installed ViaVoice from
the rtk which Oralux plan to use for their Oralux Gold CD. I am
running VV using the OS simulation.
The problem is one of "spurious output".
Let me explain with a specific instance.
Trying to listen to Raman's blog on Voice locking and ACSS
after line 13:
` 4. The numbers in voice-bolden-settings as an example:'
I hear "a circumflex inverted exlamation point" repeated several times and
the explanation following becomes impossible to figure out because of
Trying out the voice sampler I can see how the voice locking can
make for a much enhanced audio desktop but unless this current
problem is resolved, it is not clear how useful this tts will
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "email@example.com" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search