Re: SourceForge CVS

Hi Tim,

according to the documentation, the version without _max only works if
there is exactly one possible buffer lenght in the configuration
space. If you are not using a .soundrc file that fixes the buffer size
to a specific value, I guess there will usually be plenty of
possibilities. The _max version returns the largest of those. However,
I am not sure that the largest is in general really what we want. I
have experienced problems with dmix and large buffer sizes. It seems
to me that a size of about 2k frames is not bad and with today's fast
machines, it should not come to too many underruns, even with a small
buffer.

Best regards, Lukas