Future directions for browsers in emacspeak

everthing you say is correct.

My own thinking on this was to try to get one of the
emacs/firefox integration bits working -- people claim to have
Firefox plugins that let them write javaScript in an emacs buffer
and then send it to Firefox for evaluation -- it's a plugin to
aid debugging. The advantage from an emacspeak perspective is
that those plugins then allow ou to walk the DOM of the document
you're looking at, so we could essentially get exactly what
you're  suggesting; namely, let Firefox do the heavy lifting of
handling badly formed HTML and giving us a reasonable DOM to work
with, and Emacspeak/emacs doing the speech interaction.

To date I've not succeeded in getting any of those plugins to
work; just do a Google search for Emacs firefox javascript and
you'll find the ones I found.

I'll also admit to not having  spent too much time trying to get
them to work.

So if you have the time and the energy, that's where i'd suggest
starting; once we have one of those beasts running predictably
the rest should be fun to build.

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman