Re: Error: Could not load libibmeci.so

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 03:31:32PM -0500, Robert D. Crawford wrote:
> One thing that did work was to run
>
> ../outloud
>
> from the linux-outloud directory as root.  If I run it as myself, I get
> the echo/stutter, but as root, it is clear.
>
> Any ideas?

When logged in as you, it finds your ~/.asoundrc file, but as root it probably
looks for /root/.asoundrc, which presumably doesn't exist. Try temporarily
removing your ~/.asoundrc file to see if that makes any difference.

The only other possible difference I can think of is access to real-time
scheduling priority, but that isn't being used in this application, so far as
I know, otherwise it would have been discussed here already as it requires a
certain amount of configuration as well as support from the application
software.