Re: Error: Could not load libibmeci.so

Jason White <jasonw@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> When logged in as you, it finds your ~/.asoundrc file, but as root it probably
> looks for /root/.asoundrc, which presumably doesn't exist. Try temporarily
> removing your ~/.asoundrc file to see if that makes any difference.

It makes all the difference in the world.  I moved the .asoundrc file
and now it works without stuttering.  The settings must be the
thing. The next problem that needs solving is that, if I scroll over two
lines of text, if I do not let the first line finish before scrolling to
the next line, the text overlaps.  More clearly, line one line finishes
while the next one starts.  I'll search the archives for a bit and see
if I can find anything.

Actually, that is not completely true.  I don't think line one is
finishing, it is just not stopping as quickly as it used to do.

Thank you all.  Although eflite is completely adequate, I really got
used to the quality of the vv engine.

rdc