Re: Error: Could not load libibmeci.so

I can confirm what Lukas has observed. Even with a working .asoundrc
file, the atcleci library exits witht he assert failure using soubnd
blaster live cards. I think there are two possible solutions though.

As Lukas points out, it works if you have written the hardware
parameters prior to attempting the call. I suspect on multi-channel
cards with multiple possible buffers, writing the parameters for
format, access mode, rate and channels reduces the possible candidates
sufficiently for the call to work. However, I've also noticed with SB
live cards, the value returned is very small and too small for
reliable TTS performance.

A possible alternative solution would be to test the result of the
call and if it has returned an error state, make a call to the
function with the _max extension. Alternatively, just use the function
which returns the max size, though this may result in sizes which are
too large?

Tim