IBM TTS

I was fortunate enough to get my employer to purchase the ViaVoice SDK
from Wizzard Software. I'm not sure where you can just purchase
runtime licenses in single lots (Wizzard will sell them in blocks of
10 or more I think).

Even if my employer had not offered to purchase the SDK, I think I
would have done so anyway - at around $300, the quality and stability
are worth it IMO. Of course, it all depends on how much you use
emacspeak, how satisfied you are with free TTS solutions like flite or
whether your satisfied with cheaper solutions such as the software
dectalk which retails for under $100.

Tim