[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Emacspeak MailingList <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: emacspeak-realaudio
- From: Kalyan Mukherjea <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:40:29 +0530
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:from:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:date:to:subject:x-mailer; b=NKyIrXaCjSYntbq86FKdAtASLhu83qCjBXunQwtJq061We0KQKJEWy3YTDEkAkRDSuWudFmezDXOP3ul1aoAUwT9Fjd5bT73WjDzyIc/X822zxivayns/MdIfHVKI6DNXz3h4uXYBGKiWbTuVdVYIPQtZJLa9rUjawJzPFwoqOg=
- List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:16:56 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <iWY_h.A.UZE.IpkjEB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
It seems to me that very few Emacspeakers use the command
`C-e :' which is probably why TVR has not achieved his `wish'
of adding a section on realaudio to the user-guide.
I have been trying to use this facility and getting into difficulties:
I have realplay installed and the following in my .emacs
; realaudio stuff
(setq emacspeak-realaudio-shortcuts-directory "/home/kalyan/music/")
I have used customize to set the variable
emacspeak-realaudio-player to /usr/bin/realplay
I have the link/ram for the BBC worldservice copied to the shortcuts
directory as bbcnews.ram.
When I do `C-e :' I am prompted for the resource and I hit Space and
I hear "Launched audiostream" followed by silence. Emacspeak, emacs
etc all seem to hang! The only way of recovering is Control + Meta +
Backspace which kills the gnome session in which Emacspeak was
If I do `realaudio bbcnews.ram' in an xterm when I am at the music
directory, I hear the BbC nice and clear.
A letter in the archives from '98 suggests that the problem might be
the fact that I do not have a multichannel sound card and hence don't
use auditory icons. Could somebody tell me how to go about using
PS I am using Emacspeak 24.0 with the alsa binary eflite_alsa
built by Lucas Lohrer as my tts engine.
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "email@example.com" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search