Re: emacspeak-w3m-browse-rss-at-point (patch)

Hello Lukas,

Lukas Loehrer <listaddr1@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> it is a bug. Here is the patch to fix it. I messed up the paranthesis
> in the original code. Sorry for that.

Thanks for the patch.  I think I have another problem.  I applied this
patch by hand, as I have made changes to the emacspeak-w3m.el file that
I am running from.  As far as I could see, it is just a matter of a
paren on one line that should have been on another line.  I took a look
at what was going on in this function, and I think I understand what is
going on and  what is going wrong, but I don't know why or how to fix
it.

In the code:

(defun emacspeak-w3m-preview-this-buffer ()
  "Preview this buffer in w3m."
  (interactive)
  (let ((filename
         (format "/tmp/%s.html"
                 (make-temp-name "w3m"))))
    (write-region (point-min)
                  (point-max)
                  filename)
	(w3m-find-file filename)
	(delete-file filename)))

(I included the whole function so that you could see that I had changed
it correctly)

in the let part, we are assigning the variable file name to the result
of the following function:

         (format "/tmp/%s.html"
                 (make-temp-name "w3m"))))

and here is where I think there might be a problem.  The filenames I am
getting look like this:

burl22925Y-g

instead of what I think they should look like which is something that
starts with "w3m" and ends with ".html".  When w3m-find-file opens the
file, it is displayed in fundamental mode.

As far as I can tell, the code looks right.  I assume that you have
tested it and it works for you.  Any ideas why it is not working here?
This is nice functionality, but it is not essential for me.  I simply
thought it would be nice to take a look at the rss feeds that I might be
interested in subscribing to before putting them in gnus.

In other words, I am in no hurry.  Not that I feel that you are
obligated to take time to fix this.  After all, I've gotten my moneys
worth out of it.  :)

rdc

--
Robert D. Crawford