Re: Looking for a boot disk for the Dectalk PC2

>From memory, I believe the way that that card worked was to
download some firware bits into the card from the PC, and I
believe that was what the code Gary mentions emulated.

Try writing to Ed Bruckert at this address: I'll copy him here.
Edward Bruckert <Ebruckert@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    Jason> On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 09:52:53PM -0400, Gary
    Jason> Lawrence Murphy wrote:
    >>
    >> Does anyone just happen to still have a bootable DOS
    >> floppy with the Dectalk PC2 drivers installed?
    Jason> I have an old DOS machine lying around with a
    Jason> DECTALK-PC card installed. After reading your post, I
    Jason> set it up, found out that it's still in working order,
    Jason> and I've copied over the autoexec.bat file. There's
    Jason> nothing special in config.sys. This is a DECTALK PC
    Jason> version 1 card, however. I am sure it was the first
    Jason> such card to arrive in Australia, purchased from DEC
    Jason> in 1992 when they were first released.
    Jason>
    Jason> The lines you need in autoexec.bat are: dt_driv -c -l
    Jason> -b 350 dt_load kernel.sys dtpcdic.dic lts.exe ph.exe
    Jason> cmd.exe dtpc_850.exe usa.exe
    Jason>
    Jason> The 350 in the driver command is presumably the base
    Jason> address of the card; you might have to change this
    Jason> value if yours is different.
    Jason>
    Jason> If you have any further questions, e-mail me.

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs