Media players (was: Re: term mode , X etc. )

Hi Kalyan,

I am pretty sure Robert and you are talking about the same mplayer, be
it only because you mention that there is a lot of output on startup,
which is certainly the case for mplayer unless you use the options
described by Robert. I can recommend you to try emacspeak-m-player too
as int works relly nicely, both under X or on the console. One more
useful option is ""novideo". It prevents mplayer from trying to access
the X display even if one tries to play a movie, so you can listen to
movies on the console.

A bit off topic: Another nice audio player for the linux console is
moc (music on console). It  has a simple curses GUI that works well
with simple screen readers like yasr. It is a bit more friendly than
mplayer but has only a fraction of its functionality. The keyboard
layout is very configurable, so it should be adaptable for one handed usage.

http://moc.daper.net/

Hth, Lukas