term mode , X etc.

Hello Robert,
      What I use for playing mp3 files is mplayer (The Movie Player,
      according to the documentation.)

It certainly is *not* the program for which emacspeak-m-player.el
 was written.

The documentation in the info file talks of 10-band equalizer
etc. None of these are available on the mplayer I installed from
sources I can't quite remember the site from where I got it. When I
tried to go to the site for m-player mentioned in the automatically
generated documentation, I got some kind of error from w3m.

Actually from your experience it seems that I might be better off with
my version. We listen to different kinds of music: Indian Classical
music is often lengthy. Most of the pieces I listen to are between 45
and 75 minutes long. My mplayer plays them without any complaint
without any tweaking of configuration files! The only problem is that
running Emacspeak outside X (no gnome-Sticky-Keys!) is very difficult
for a one-handed typist like myself.

I could not quite figure out    what TVR was trying to tell us
  (that is those who run Emacspeak under X)  about
the `latest checkin'  perhaps you could explain it.

Cheers.
Kalyan