Re: converting buffer to mp3 or wav

tvraman@xxxxxxxxxxx (TV Raman) writes:

> The easiest way to do this should be following (and no, I dont believe
> you've missed anything in the docs)

Good.  I was pretty sure but it is always good to ask.

> A)  ALSA can be set up to capture what is coming out of the playback
> channel.  B)So first create the necessary setup to do that -- probably
> using ALSA DMIX/SNOOP or better yet  ASYM plugin.
>
> C) Set things up so you can issue a simple command to the shell that
> starts / stops capturing all alsa output to a specified file.
>
> C)Finally, create emacs bindings to invoke that command.

This seems to say that the machine will be recording as it is playing
back.  To me, this is not a workable solution.  There will be many
files, and I would like to be able to use the computer in the meantime.

Also, I looked at the alsa docs for the plugins and such, and they made
my head swim.  I am installing festival and several voices to try to see
if there are some which are as good as via voice.  I am not expecting
much, but if they are better than the default festival voice, it will
work.

By the way, for those who are interested, for me, the only english voice
in debian seemed to drop the ending "g" from words.  Also, using the
festival included in the archive, testing I think, add on voices seemed
to create errors.  I am installing the "newest"version directly from the
home site which is about 2 years old.  This version seems to not have
the same problems as the older one, from what I have read.

If any of you are interested in how this goes, let me know.

rdc

--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

Most Texans think Hanukkah is some sort of duck call.
		-- Richard Lewis