[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
multispeech and Fedora
- To: Emacspeak MailingList <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: multispeech and Fedora
- From: Kalyan Mukherjea <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:07:06 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:from:to:subject:cc:date:message-id; b=lVGTDS5SF6yzq+yN4/DDxpZ9wZrAdnAfM1z3dSCoHJvbWIAb5oBVpEPhQNJ6sO170HuN9Dx8w4avxKu4//dJgTQDCFNUHkIChZSAqiV/X539eV7afnDWSDpWgLoxDag2X7qRuKoABPJ1YA8cx3HVDpy24v3s69AKnr25KD579NU=
- List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 00:14:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <OsfQmC.A.lUB.ZEW2EB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
Has anybody built the multispeech Emacspeak speech server on a Fedora
Recently Gilles Casse has made such a package available. But the
software requirements (besides Emacspeak-24.0) is:
This is th Debian name. Your distribution might already offered the
libdb3-dev package, perhaps with a slightly different name. "
Here is the description given by Debian:
"Berkeley v3 Database Libraries [development]
This is the development package which contains headers and static
libraries for the Berkeley v3 database library..."
I am running a Fedora Core 3 system and it uses db4. (In fact
since FC1 Fedora has come with version 4.)
When I asked Gilles, if this discrepancy in the versions will cause
problems he responded:
Indeed I do not know if db4 is fully compliant with db3. If I remember
well Igor uses db3 for the English lexicon (Enlex).
So I would like to know if the multispeech can be built on Fedora
systems without installing libdb3, or if it is possible to install the
earlier version on a FC3 system.
Any suggestions or pointers would be gratefully received.
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search