Re: on text properties

"krishnakant Mane" <krmane@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> if emacspeak can grab the font attributes through w3 for that matter,
> all it needs to do is send a textual message "text is bold " to the
> speach synthesizer and nothing else.

You can get the name of the current face by using C-e M-v when point is
over the text in question, but I fear this is not what you are looking
for.  Currently I do not believe what you want is possible.

> may be emacspeak can have some keyboard shortcuts for rendering this
> kind of info.  like in jaws for windows just press insert + f and you
> can here every font attribute, no matter which synthesizer you are
> using.

Try the above mentioned command and see if it is what you are looking
for.  By the way, this is not limited to html documents, but any text in
a buffer.

> so kindly explain how it depends on a speach synthesizer and not on
> emacspeak + w3 itself?

If the explanation in my response to your previous post is not clear
enough, let me know and I will try to provide more clarity.

> I want some info on how and from where I can buy viavoice or at least
> a page from which I can download.

I looked in the archive and, sure enough, the information was there.
A single use license for the runtimes is slated to be available from
this site:

http://www.ttsynth.com/

I would suggest that you try to give them a ring or an email to see when
it will be available.  It has been a long time coming.

If you cannot wait, this site will sell you an SDK for around $300 or
bulk licenses for $5.00 with a minimum of 300.

http://www.wizzardsoftware.com/ibm_tts_sdk.php

If anyone else wants to chime in here with more information, please do
so.

--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

"OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard."
		-- Dr. Joy