[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: on text properties
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: on text properties
- From: "Robert D. Crawford" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 22:36:49 -0500
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <email@example.com>(krishnakant Mane's message of "Mon, 9 Oct 2006 00:57:59 +0530")
- List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 23:37:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <CydtqD.A.iK.5PcKFB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.110003 (No Gnus v0.3) Emacs/21.4 (gnu/linux)
"krishnakant Mane" <email@example.com> writes:
> if emacspeak can grab the font attributes through w3 for that matter,
> all it needs to do is send a textual message "text is bold " to the
> speach synthesizer and nothing else.
You can get the name of the current face by using C-e M-v when point is
over the text in question, but I fear this is not what you are looking
for. Currently I do not believe what you want is possible.
> may be emacspeak can have some keyboard shortcuts for rendering this
> kind of info. like in jaws for windows just press insert + f and you
> can here every font attribute, no matter which synthesizer you are
Try the above mentioned command and see if it is what you are looking
for. By the way, this is not limited to html documents, but any text in
> so kindly explain how it depends on a speach synthesizer and not on
> emacspeak + w3 itself?
If the explanation in my response to your previous post is not clear
enough, let me know and I will try to provide more clarity.
> I want some info on how and from where I can buy viavoice or at least
> a page from which I can download.
I looked in the archive and, sure enough, the information was there.
A single use license for the runtimes is slated to be available from
I would suggest that you try to give them a ring or an email to see when
it will be available. It has been a long time coming.
If you cannot wait, this site will sell you an SDK for around $300 or
bulk licenses for $5.00 with a minimum of 300.
If anyone else wants to chime in here with more information, please do
Robert D. Crawford firstname.lastname@example.org
"OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard."
-- Dr. Joy
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "email@example.com" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search