Re: really need emacspeak work with festival, help please.

    I did not find any answer to having festival configured with
    emacspeak.

espeakf is an Emacspeak speech server for Festival written in Perl.
I don't know how good it is.

Here are the commands for getting it as anonymous, presuming you put
the espeakf directory into the /usr/local/src/ directory:

 pushd /usr/local/src/
 cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/espeakf login
    ## Password: just press <return>
 cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/espeakf co espeakf

 cd espeakf
 make install

 popd

Since `espeakf' is written in Perl, it does not need to be compiled;
but it does need to be installed.

As described in my "Introducing Emacspeak",

  (introducing-emacspeak.info)Installation

I start an instance of Emacspeak using espeakf with a command (written
as a shell script) called `/usr/local/bin/emacspeak-espeakf'; in a
more restricted form that I just tested briefly, it is:

     #!/bin/sh
     ## /usr/local/bin/emacspeak-espeakf-test

     export EMACS_UNIBYTE=1
     export DTK_PROGRAM=/usr/local/src/espeakf/espeakf.pl
     export DTK_TCL=/usr/bin/perl

     exec emacs -q \
         -l /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el
     ### end /usr/local/bin/emacspeak-espeakf-test

I made the file executable by executing

     chmod 755 emacspeak-espeakf

in the /usr/local/bin/ directory as user `root'.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    bob@xxxxxxxxxxx                         bob@xxxxxxxxxxx