DELIVERY FAILURE: User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in DominoDirectory

Your message

  Subject: Re: really need emacspeak work with festival, help please.

was not delivered to:

  whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx

because:

  User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in Domino Directory

Could not process part with Content-Type: message/delivery-status.

---- Begin included message ----

Hi Krishna,

   Before I started using Emacspeak +flite+ eflite I had for a little
   while used festival as a "screen reader" with Emacs. The  festival
   package at that time had a rudimentary support for Emacs: if you
   installed festival and the Emacs support, the menubar acquired a
   new item `say' and one could click on this and choose say region
   say page etc.
   When I first read  about  Emacspeak I wasted some time looking for
   IBM's ViaVoice and then asked Alan Black (the maintainer of
   festival, flite etc) about using festival as a speech engine for
   Emacspeak and he replied that he had asked one of his students to
   work on this but the results were not satisfactory. He suggested
   that I try to use Emacspeak with whatever tts is supported by the
   author (TVR, that is) and settled on flite + eflite.

I agree that festival voices are probably a little better but I'd
have my Emacspeak running smoothly than a very beautiful voice which
cannot help me do my work.

Since you are a computer engineer (python & C) perhaps you should
learn Emacs-lisp study the code TVR has written and try to get a
 Emacspeak server  that uses festival  up and running.

I know this is not an answer to your question, but probably there are
inherent difficulties in getting festival married to Emacspeak.

Cheers.

Kalyan

PS: Have you set up Emacspeak with flite and eflite or are you using
the Oralux Live CD?