Re: manual needed for mbrola with emacspeak setup

On 13/10/06, Lukas Loehrer <listaddr1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am repeating the following because it might be interesting to
> others, and I mistakedly did not post it to the list:
>
> There is an apt repositroy by the Orlux project, that offers Debian
> packages for multispeech (and all its dependencies) and the alsa
> enabled flite and eflite. The announcement by Gilles is here:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/blinux-list/2006-October/msg00008.html
>
> As far as I can tell, The version of multispeech in the aforementioned
> repository is very similar to what comes with your 0.7 alpha Oralux
> CD. The mentioned minor changes mainly concern the packaging itself
> and thus are unlikely to affect your problems with multispeech. I
> mentioned the repository so you can easily get the alsa enabled flite
> and eflite packages which should at least allow you to use auditory icons.
thanks for the info lukas,
Please can you guide me as to how can I setup auditory icons?  and if
I am not mistaken, Oralux comes with only one mbrola voice.  may be
the character pronounciation might be better with another voice from
the repository you mentioned?
so I will like to know if it is possible to setup those voices with
emacspeak too.  and if yes, then please give me some guidance.  I have
searched hard and now I am tired.
mean while I will be experimenting with festival and espeakd.el and
will report my comments back.  and auditory icuns icons is a really
great idea I believe now that I understand the concept.  but I am the
one who is unfortunate not to get it working on my desktop.  so please
some one help me to set it up right.
thanks all.
Krishnakant.