DELIVERY FAILURE: User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in DominoDirectory

Your message

  Subject: emacs-w3 and malformed css + url-be-asynchronous

was not delivered to:

  whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx

because:

  User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in Domino Directory

Could not process part with Content-Type: message/delivery-status.

---- Begin included message ----
Again an emacs/w3 question which I can't find a better home for.  I've
been tracking down some problems I have with some web pages from time
to time.   Firstly I note there that the variable url-be-asynchronous
still seems to be useful to emacs-w3 although it doesn't seem to be
defined in the current url package.  Again, a brief look at the code
suggests (perhaps wrongly) this is a tiny bug in emacs-w3 but one can work around it  by
setting the value.

then one gets to the real point of the message:
Here is a backtrace from an attempt to display a web-page
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (range-error "round" -1.0e+INF)
  round(-1.0e+INF)
  css-expand-color("#000000 font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif")
  css-expand-value(color "#000000 font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif")
  css-parse-args(19 94)
  css-parse(nil "<!--\n.radio_text {   \n        font-size: 10px;\n  color:#000000\n        font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;\n}  ........
-- It's pretty clear what's going on here, the css-expand-color should
   be expanding an argument of #000000 and it's not because there's a
   semi-colon missing at the end of the color  definition (one can see
   this in the css-parse line at the bottom of the quote from the
   backtrace).
I *think* this is an error in the syntax of the css but perhaps not.
   If it *is* an error it's not all that uncommon since I've seen the
   same error thrown from emacs/w3 for a few web-pages, a couple of
   which I happen to need.  I complained to a couple of sites who
   didn't believe it was an error so I'm beginning to think, error or
   not, I need to work around it.  Firstly, has anyone else seen this.
   Can anyone confirm (or refute) that it's an error in css syntax not
   to close a value with a semi-colon and, most unlikely, has anyone
   else been bothered enough by this to fix it?  If not I'll probably
   try special-casing css-expand-color although that already has
   enough special cases.
cheers
Peter
ps I'm using:  WWW p4.0pre.47, URL Exp
and the url package is not the standard  one distributed with emacs-22

Peter Rayner: LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
address: Bat. 701 LSCE - CEA de Saclay
Orme des Merisiers, 91191 Gif/Yvette
work: +33  (1) 69 08 88 11;	mobile: +33 (6) 75 46 56 52;	 fax: +33 (1) 69 08 77 16
mail-to: peter.rayner@xxxxxxxxxxx