Pronunciation in LaTeX mode

Hello,
since pronunciation seems to be the "topic de jour" here is a thing
that has always bothered me:

Most of the "work" I do with Emacspeak is writing mathematics using
LaTeX mode and so pronunciation mode is "all". But it would save some
error-debug time if I could have empty spaces indicated:
For example $\mathcal{P}$ is correct but not
$\mathcal {P}$. But they are spoken the same way.

In LaTeX there are two kinds of verbatim: one which after compilation
gives what has been typed and the other indicates spaces by printing a
small |_ for each blank space.

Maybe a audio clue for spaces, like a auditory icon could alert the
user to the existence of blank spaces (the number is unimportant.)
could be incorporated without too much difficulty.

Could someone suggest a "hack" for this?
Cheers.
Kalyan