[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Pronunciation in LaTeX mode
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Pronunciation in LaTeX mode
- From: "Robert D. Crawford" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 04:53:00 -0600
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- In-Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org> (Kalyan Mukherjea's message of "Tue\, 12 Dec 2006 09\:26\:04 +0530")
- List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 05:52:46 -0500 (EST)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <V9BlSB.A.wGC.-nofFB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.11 (Gnus v5.11) Emacs/22.0.91 (gnu/linux)
Kalyan Mukherjea <email@example.com> writes:
> Maybe a audio clue for spaces, like a auditory icon could alert the
> user to the existence of blank spaces (the number is unimportant.)
> could be incorporated without too much difficulty.
> Could someone suggest a "hack" for this?
While not exactly what you are looking for, this will allow you to
listen to the line without having to manually move character by
(defun speak-line-char-by-char ()
"Speaks the line character by character"
(while (not (eolp))
If you want to test this out before putting it in your .emacs file,
place point at the end of the last line and use C-x C-e to evaluate it.
Then you can use M-x to test it out.
One thing you might want to do is to change the speed. If you change
the line that reads
this can be accomplished. The number is the time it should sit-for in
You asked for a hack. Maybe this will work in the short-term until
someone else gives you something better.
Robert D. Crawford firstname.lastname@example.org
No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop.
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "email@example.com" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search