[Prev][Next][Index][Thread][Search]

another w3 question

Bart Bunting writes:

1) given that the make clearly reported that it did not find your
 > widget library,
 there is probably something wrong with either the symlink
 you created,.
 The other possibility is that your emacs does not look in
 > /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp for libraries but this is extremely
 > unlikely.

 There is no point in attempting to load emacspeak and w3 without
 > compiling emacspeak-widget.el correctly,
 so the subsequent part of your message is basically a red herring.
 > hi evryone,
 > I've been struggeling with w3 for quite a while now :).
 >
 > I created the simlinks in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp.
 > my emacspeak source is in /usr/local/emacspeak.
 >
 > when compiling emacspeak-widget.elc, I get:
 >
 > bash# make emacspeak-widget.elc
 > emacs -batch -q -no-site-file  -l `pwd`/emacspeak-load-path -f batch-byte-compile `pwd`/emacspeak-widget.el
 > Widget libraries not found, widget support may not work correctly.
 > While compiling toplevel forms in file /usr/local/emacspeak/emacspeak-widget.el:
 >   ** reference to free variable :emacspeak-help
 >   ** reference to free variable :parent
 > While compiling the end of the data:
 >   ** The following functions are not known to be defined:
 >     define-widget-keywords, widget-get, widget-value, widget-put
 > Wrote /usr/local/emacspeak/emacspeak-widget.elc
 > Done
 > bash#
 >
 > I have tried almost evrything i can think of.  has anyone got any ideas as to whats going wrong.
 >
 > if i use m-x load-library w3, i get:

 > ad-handle-definition: `w3-open-local' got redefined
 > ad-handle-definition: `w3-fetch' got redefined
 > ad-handle-definition: `w3' got redefined
 > Cannot open load file: emacspeak-load-path
 >

 > Hope I've given enough info.
 > bye for now
 > Bart.
 >
 > ps, can someone tell me how to load the keymap that is for the linux console and, just one more question.  How do i set the default global rate for the dectalk?

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 (408) 536 3945   (W14-129)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 (408) 537 4042
      (W14 129) 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/raman.html (Adobe  Internal)
      http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/raman/raman.html  (Cornell)
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are my own and in no way should be taken
as representative of my employer, Adobe Systems Inc.