[Prev][Next][Index][Thread][Search]

Debian and Red Hat packages for Emacspeak 6.0

I have uploaded Debian and Red Hat binary and source code packages for
Emacspeak 6.0 and my DoubleTalk driver.  The DoubleTalk driver now
handles version 6.0 of emacspeak, and previous versions as well.

The Debian packages have been installed in the "unstable"
distribution, and should be found in most Debian mirror sites shortly.
The path should be something like hamm/hamm/binary/editors .  The
package names are "emacspeak" for the primary distribution files,
including drivers for the DECtalk, and "emacspeak-dt" for the
DoubleTalk LT driver.  The command to install both packages is

	dpkg -i emacspeak_6.0-1_all.deb emacspeak-dt_0.15-1_i386.deb

If you have a DECtalk instead of a DoubleTalk, just omit the second
file name.  The configuration program will be run automatically.  You
can rerun it later with the command

	/usr/sbin/emacspeakconfig

I uploaded the Red Hat packages to ftp.redhat.com Friday night.  I
have never uploaded to there before, and don't know how soon to expect
them to show up at mirror sites.  It will appear in the "contrib"
section for the i386 architecture.  (The emacspeak package is actually
architecture independent, but apparently Red Hat does not have
architecture-independent binary packages.)  Here again, the package
names are "emacspeak" and "emacspeak-dt".

Note that awk is needed to configure Emacspeak, so you should get that
installed and configured before trying to install Emacspeak.  You have
to manually run the program to configure emacspeak.  (With the Red Hat
packaging system, I couldn't find a way to run the configuration
program automatically.)  The commands to install both packages are:

	rpm -i emacspeak-6.0-1.i386.rpm
	rpm -i emacspeak-dt-0.15-1.i386.rpm
	/usr/sbin/emacspeakconfig

Slackware packages are coming.