[Prev][Next][Index][Thread][Search]

Re: Debian and Red Hat packages for Emacspeak 6.0

   Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 22:21:25 -0400
   From: "James R. Van Zandt" <jrv@xxxxxxxxxxx>

   I have uploaded Debian and Red Hat binary and source code packages for
   Emacspeak 6.0 and my DoubleTalk driver.  The DoubleTalk driver now
   handles version 6.0 of emacspeak, and previous versions as well.

   The Debian packages have been installed in the "unstable"
   distribution, and should be found in most Debian mirror sites shortly.
   The path should be something like hamm/hamm/binary/editors .  The
   package names are "emacspeak" for the primary distribution files,
   including drivers for the DECtalk, and "emacspeak-dt" for the
   DoubleTalk LT driver.  The command to install both packages is

	   dpkg -i emacspeak_6.0-1_all.deb emacspeak-dt_0.15-1_i386.deb

   If you have a DECtalk instead of a DoubleTalk, just omit the second
   file name.  The configuration program will be run automatically.  You
   can rerun it later with the command

	   /usr/sbin/emacspeakconfig

   I uploaded the Red Hat packages to ftp.redhat.com Friday night.  I
   have never uploaded to there before, and don't know how soon to expect
   them to show up at mirror sites.  It will appear in the "contrib"
   section for the i386 architecture.  (The emacspeak package is actually
   architecture independent, but apparently Red Hat does not have
   architecture-independent binary packages.)  Here again, the package
   names are "emacspeak" and "emacspeak-dt".

   Note that awk is needed to configure Emacspeak, so you should get that
   installed and configured before trying to install Emacspeak.  You have
   to manually run the program to configure emacspeak.  (With the Red Hat
   packaging system, I couldn't find a way to run the configuration
   program automatically.)  The commands to install both packages are:

	   rpm -i emacspeak-6.0-1.i386.rpm
	   rpm -i emacspeak-dt-0.15-1.i386.rpm
	   /usr/sbin/emacspeakconfig

   Slackware packages are coming.