Re: Emacspeak installation information

 From what you say, it's most likely that you've not acquired and
configured your bookshare API key -- see the bookshare section of
the Emacspeak manual.
    kendell>
    kendell>
    kendell> I'd agree with this. The espeak supports needs
    kendell> improvement, as well as emacspeak-bookshare, unless
    kendell> i'm missing some configuration step. I keep running
    kendell> into an error of, bookshare password for nil. I
    kendell> enter the password, and a few seconds later, "Does
    kendell> not look like a bookshare response" I think either
    kendell> bookshare support is broken, or maybe the bookshare
    kendell> API has changed, not sure. Thanks Kendell clark
    kendell>
    kendell> On 09/15/2014 05:31 PM, Alex Midence wrote:
    >> Ubuntu has a deb package fo r emacspeak 38. Also one for
    >> speech. It is already two versions behind. Also, speech
    >> server package runs into trouble because DECtalk express
    >> is still default speech engine. They don't even make it
    >> anymore. Do not know why. It is still the default. E-speak
    >> makes more sense because it is everywhere now
    >>
    >> Sent from my iPhone
    >>
    >>> On Sep 15, 2014, at 5:21 PM, Florian Beijers
    >>> <florianbeijers@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I think it is a matter of inclination more than a matter
    >>> of expertise. A lot of these steps, when I look at them
    >>> as you have listed them here, can be automated perfectly
    >>> easily. Trouble is mainly caused by the distro-specific
    >>> espeak packages and tcl. I am not an expert at this but
    >>> from my point of view it doesn't look too difficult to
    >>> make distro-specific packages (.deb, .rpm) for this and
    >>> write an install script that automates pretty much the
    >>> whole deal. I would do it, but I am currently swamped
    >>> with other stuff and just don't have the time and
    >>> resources to learn and research Bash scripting and distro
    >>> package maintenance ...
    >>>
    >>> Regards, Florian

    >> hi Here, here. I run into this issue constantly. I've
    >> actually gotten emacspeak working, kind of, on arch. The
    >> pckage build is unmaintained, and I have to modify the
    >> build script just to get it to build. Then tclx builds
    >> empty binaries, and I have to try to remember what I did
    >> to get it working. Then I can't get daisy mode to work
    >> ... and the cycle repeats. Once I actually get into
    >> emacspeak and get the stuff working, it's phenomenal. The
    >> eloquence support is much g better than espeak, but I
    >> guess that'll get fixed eventually. Emacspeak is a
    >> fantastic concept ... If it just worked instead of
    >> returning with process speaker not working, that's because
    >> of tclx screwing up, by the way. We need good docs, and we
    >> need maintainers of the various distro's emacspeak
    >> packages. Thanks Kendell clark

    kendell>
    kendell> iQIcBAEBCgAGBQJUF2p5AAoJEGYgJ5/kqBTdMUgQAJTUYcypLxzWGozDFfpXUjrZ
    kendell> sjKfJl1zgBr98/YPCwrDwbXrIjE7EBFmhvaLUQTJDvEhCVmEOkix12qJ5E+ea4z/
    kendell> xqohN9EmMulddlKcdXd0xbMuf9Gkx2O0TWlF5i2HheqLPmgy08xQ4yT33YGD7PlF
    kendell> 66ubZVslnY7YIXL2qsjzYcJx//SOFAl7PkrICgGAGTZ/HmNsiQW5yiSS8oX8PuyB
    kendell> DRpCjTlhRcdrSovozTodlZKFt6CJ4WA4X3aNjO8637Yn2442r6Hq8YZLQPfnKcl7
    kendell> YWHEUnoSeoIUBjW6CD0ramG3BnAei9qGcDZT4abeehURB3G/KTOmnEvLc0AlTjt+
    kendell> UftWcxGSZ7NWICuQd9OBrbkSt2N1F/P6Y8Oy95rVxM6sNBWUUNMes8BQAm/NOJBh
    kendell> TRWeL6aBYyMeyEkGRjwtuje0TMT7g+HretKiQ+I2e4RLDutR8Ilrlc3BF+ssE1rH
    kendell> Kz5FBqDusuVM2322kL7gZBBKCFTSniwC4WS914PXUSS+mg6jlyewfQ47Q1TPwpmf
    kendell> DXB2PFKOTIGBF03NJUFjleYdUILpLynuG6L06WpHbSYAZDnXuMYxtBQC/Xq2XlfD
    kendell> SqWYo8eWHaO+QVV3GBCPCUDTrg6I1umJH+sk66ULSNjp1r3Bmr7P5jFM3A2TyxwS
    kendell> VVo/wt9H8in/jKoXhL1X =D4lM -----END PGP
    kendell> SIGNATURE-----
    kendell>
    kendell> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change
    kendell> your address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    kendell> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
    kendell> "unsubscribe" or "help".