Re: Emacspeak installation information

I can speak to the bookshare issue you are having. I do not use Emacs for that sort of thing. To me, it is an editor and I use other stuff for things like daisy. My iPhone does a truly fantabulous job with that using the Voice Stream app. As for e-speak support, the solution would probably go along these lines:

1. Emacspeakś makefile to be modified to compile and configure e-speak as default server. 2. Espeak voice file to be modified to fix current voice lock issue. Variants appear to be misnamed. That, or the command to call them is miswritten. It has something along the lines of an xml tag with attributes for gender and number but none for variant name. This is different from invoking e-speak from the command line with other variants.

espeak --v male1 ext'

This produces text using the male1 variant.

espeak --v female2 ext

And on, and on, and on. I would be willing to make the necessary modification to the espeak.el file but I can make head or tail of the xml code embedded in elisp to know quite where to modify things.

Thanks.
Alex