Re: Latest and greatest mail packages in emacs with emacspeak?

David,

Notmuch uses xapian under the hood for it's indexing.  The emacs client
calls the commandline CLI for the heavy lifting.

I haven't implemented the stuff to auto read the body of emails although
it shouldn't be hard as Raman says, probably can be lifted from
emacspeak-vm.

Also vm AIRC provides ways to hide quoted parts of the text.  Notmuch
does that by default so I haven't done anything special there.

I've not tried using gmail for my email indexing so can't comment on how
they are similar or not.

I've also not used mu, but notmuch and mu appear similar in some ways.
Mu stores tags in a message header and notmuch in the xapian database
from what I can see.

If you get mu4e working nicely with emacspeak I'd be happy to give it a try.

My patch for emacspeak notmuch support should be enough for you to get a
feel for how notmuch works.  There is also another view notmuch-tree
which I haven't tried to speech enable at all.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Bart

Bart