Re: emacspeak and orgstruct-mode key bindings

Hi Jarek,

I have only got the emacs from head as I need to build from source on
mac.  I can try and build v24.3 if it is relevant.

As for the org version, I have tested with the org version shipped with
emacs head and it also appears to exhibit the problem.

> Hi Bart
>
> What emacs version do you use? Do I have to install org from an external
> source to reproduce the issue, because the version bundled in Emacs
> works ok? Is using internal org version an acceptable workaround for the
> problem?

I use latest head of emacs.
As above the org bundled with that version exhibits the same problem.

> Could you give the steps to reproduce using Emacs 24.3? And what if I
> build Emacs 24.4 or take the most recent Emacs from the repo?

For the most recent emacs:
1. start emacs with -Q.
2. Load emacspeak:
I Use:
(setq load-path (cons "~/emacs/head/src/emacspeak/lisp" load-path))
(setq emacspeak-directory "~/emacs/head/src/emacspeak")
(setq dtk-program "mac")
(setq mac-default-speech-rate 500)
(load-file "~/emacs/head/src/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el")
(require 'org)

3. m-x orgstruct-mode
4. Try and type letter c
5.  If problem exists then nothing happens as c is a prefix.  to see
this type c ?
6. If c appears as expected then you don't have the issue.

Then repeat above but omit the loading of emacspeak.
The c should appear in the buffer as expected.

> If I get you correctly the problem is that after typing the letter "c":
> expected behaviour: the letter "c" is inserted into the buffer
> actual behaviour: the letter "c" is treated as a prefix and as such
> appears in the minibuffer

correct

Kind regards

Bart