Where to start coding for Emacspeak?

Hi Folks!

I would like to use a specific program with emacspeak, which isn't speech
enabled at the moment. My question is, where may I find information how to
build the interface between emacspeak and this program. Is there any good
document I should read about that topic or is the only documentation about it
contained in the lisp code of emacspeak? Anybody on this list who would share

is knowledge about this topic with me, please?

Thank you all!
Regards,
Christian