Where to start coding for Emacspeak?

The emacspeak sources are probably your best bet. Pick one of the source files
for one of the add-on packages.

The general principal is to advise the functions which need to give auditory
feedback using defadvice. See the emacs elisp manual for a description of how
to use advice. In most cases, this will make the package usable, unless the
package you are trying to adapt has some unusual screen I/O, in which case,
things can become more difficult/complex.

What is the package you want to speech enable? It is possible someone else has
done it or is working on it or there maybe a different package which provides
the same functionality which has already been speech enabled.

Tim

Christian Gerhardt writes:
 > Hi Folks!
 >
 > I would like to use a specific program with emacspeak, which isn't speech
 > enabled at the moment. My question is, where may I find information how to
 > build the interface between emacspeak and this program. Is there any good
 > document I should read about that topic or is the only documentation about it
 > contained in the lisp code of emacspeak? Anybody on this list who would share
 >
 > is knowledge about this topic with me, please?
 >
 > Thank you all!
 > Regards,
 > Christian

tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.