Re: espeak and emacspeak

Dr Raman and all,

I believe that PortAudio was originally chosen in eSpeak because a
software such as Audacity proposes it and run on GNU/Linux, Mac-OS X
or MS-Windows, perhaps Solaris too.

Until recently my tries on distinct machines and multi-channels audio
cards have been successful using PortAudio.

The Alsa support from emacspeak could perhaps be also included
natively in eSpeak. Then the emacspeak users and Orca users would have
Alsa support even if the old PortAudio V18 is present.

I will try to propose a patch to Jonathan Duddington, the eSpeak author.

Best regards,

Gilles

--
Oralux http://oralux.org