Re: [Fwd: Emacspeak with doubletalk LT. "process speaker not running" on gentoo]

I would highly recommend checking out espeak. It is a high quality free tts
engine and would provide a good solution which avoids the need for external
hardware to support emacspeak. As it looks like it will become a supported TTS
engine, it will likely stay more current than the double talk, which is still
good, but not part of emacspeak and therefore tends to lag a little behind when
any changes affecting the interface occur (though these are rare).

Tim