Re: [Fwd: Emacspeak with doubletalk LT. "process speaker not running" on gentoo]

The eSpeak homepage is:  http://espeak.sourceforge.net

Emacspeak 17 is over 4 years old. You would be better off getting the sources
from the svn repository or the latest stable version in source form. Its not a
complex or difficult package to build and this would be a lot better than an
old rpm.

Emacspeak still supports IBM's ViaVoice, but it is no longer free. Probably too
expensive for what you are doing (plus runtime licenses still seem to be
difficult to obtain). You will need the latest version for espeak support.

There should be no issue with running under RedHat. I think the move by many to
Debian based distros is primarily because Debian appears to have the biggest
selection of emacs packages. Personally, I much prefer apt over rpm, but
different strokes for different folks and all that.

Tim