Re: Emacspeak auditory icons

zkline@ writes:

> 	Well, for some reason it seems the 'auditory icon player' was
> not set appropriately.

What version are you using and where did you install from.  You might
have mentioned this in your other posts but I cannot remember.

> I've little idea of what the differences are between
> emacspeak-queue-auditory-icons and the others, but I'd set it to that
> value because of some advice I'd read about software speech.

I am having a little trouble following you.  If I try C-h v and C-hf on
emacspeak-queue-auditory-icons I get nothing.  If I go to the lisp
directory of emacspeak and grep for it in all the elisp files there I
get no hits.  Setting "it to that value" makes no sense when out of
context  What is "it" and what did you set "it" to?

> Resetting it to emacspeak-play-auditory-icons fixed the problem.

Again, what "it" do you refer to here?  When I do apropos on
emacspeak-play-auditory-icons  I get nothing appropriate.  Again, I
think we need to know what version of emacspeak you are using.

> This still leaves the mplayer issue.  I've figured out how to set the
> mplayer program, but for some reason I seem to get errors when I try
> to use w3m's 'l' key to stream.  I'm not sure if I need to set
> anything else...  Thanks, Zack.

Try running

M-x toggle-debug-on-error

and send the backtrace when you try to stream from w3m.  This might shed
light on the problem.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx