Re: Make Install error

"David Ring" <n1ea@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Since I don't know what I'm doing but I'm persistant, I tried install
> the latest emacspeak.

Right on.

> The readme file in the archive says:

[snip]

> The Makefile in the archive says:

These are the instructions I've been using since the start with
success.

> So I tried it both ways as the directions are slightly different.

This might be where the problem lies.  Assuming nothing, did you type
"make clean" before you tried the second time.   If no, try that and
report back what you get.  I've never seen the error you mention.

> I'm guessing I have to install tts again and then try "make install"
> again.

When installing from source it is necessary, as far as I know, that you
follow all installation steps starting with "make clean" if you did not
just unpack the archive.

Not sure if I can help but this is where I would start.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

Testing can show the presense of bugs, but not their absence.
		-- Dijkstra