Re: Re: problem: emacs 23 and emacspeak 29, gnus 5.13 - reply with marked region

Robert D. Crawford <rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a) :

> Hmmm, I've never used this particular feature.  Can you describe the
> process you take to do this?  The reason I ask is that I don't see a
> command to reply from the *Article* buffer.  I should have some time
> tomorrow to take a look at this if no one else gets to it before then.
> No guarantees but even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a
> while, if you'll pardon the expression.

Commands I use are bound to capital R and capital F.

First R:
R runs the command gnus-article-reply-with-original, which is an
interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-art.el'.

It is bound to R.

(gnus-article-reply-with-original &optional wide)

Start composing a reply mail to the current message.
The text in the region will be yanked.  If the region isn't active,
the entire article will be yanked.

Then F:
F runs the command gnus-article-followup-with-original, which is an
interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-art.el'.

It is bound to F.

(gnus-article-followup-with-original)

Compose a followup to the current article.
The text in the region will be yanked.  If the region isn't active,
the entire article will be yanked.

best regards,
Michal