Re: IBM TTS espeak connector

Hi Rob,

Then is there an interface from the past that will take the input from speakup and use IBM TTS as an output?

Gilles told me that there was one that used espeak and then went to IBM TTS, but he didn't remember the details.

What I am looking for is something that will allow use IBM TTS in console - that is not having the graphical interface running at all.

Right now all I can find is espeak or by running emacspeak on the command line which uses IBM TTS directly with its own engine.

David J. Ring, Jr., N1EA
SOWP, VWOA, OOTC, FISTS, CW-Ops, JARL-A1, A1-OP, ex-FOC 1271 ARRL-LM
Chat Skype: djringjr MSN: djringjr@msn.com AIM: N1EA icq: 27380609
Radio-Officers Google Group -- Marine Morse Historic Recordings Page