Re: Sad news regarding google reader

No, don't have emacspeak on there.  I have the standard windows emacs
version on the windows box and really had no problem running it and
creating files.  I'm using nvda with emacs too.  The emacs faq for
windows can be helpful with installation and setup.  I don't do registry
keys editing and it will need that to define a HOME directory for
windows emacs.  With that, I can make a _emacs file which is what the
.emacs file is called on Windows and put it in the HOME area and windows
emacs will then find it.  Back to the more direct topic, emacs has had
newsticker in it since version 22.x and that's a self-contained rss
reader.  Also, gnus which has been part of emacs since version 22.x is
supposed to be able to read rss feeds.  The newsticker package though is
really versatile in terms of the number of different types of feeds it
will read including once you  get it set up correctly pulling enclosures
from rss feeds down from podcasts.  It'll be found with info newsticker
if you have enough info documentation installed on the system.