Re: Emacspeak with eSpeak losing speech on Vinux 4

Turn it around the other way - what do you do which you cannot do as a
normal user. Often, this just means having to make a few minor config
changes, such as adding your normal user to a specific group. For
example, on some systems, you may need to be a member of the audio group
i order to use the audio device.

The difficulty here is that there are no set rules. It all depends on
your distro and how they have set things up. What is generally true is
that hardly anything other than software installation and low level
actions should require root privileges. Needing to run lots of htings as
root generally indicates a configuration problem.

Tim