Re: Blind software engineers, specifically UML

> In the case of the UML diagrams, the question to ask is not how to access the
> diagrams, but how to access the underlying content that they represent.

I agree.

> The corresponding question is what textual format to use to write and
> manipulate this information, then, if possible, convert it into a diagram for
> presentation.

Yes. I guess the issue here is just negotiating the particular unit in
such a way that assessments and working with peers can still be done
effectively.

> As a final comment, I know Daniel is studying at Monash University, where
> there is an active research project to make directed and undirected graphs
> accessible, based on XML representations. I'm sure those involved in the
> research would be able to contribute to the discussion.

Yes. I've met with the guy doing research a few times now. Not sure the
system is yet at a stage where I could rely on it for this type of
thing. Also I believe there is some preparation required for each
image. But yes, definitely worth a chat still with him.

Thanks,
Daniel