Re: Speech server and info node

As an experiment, try moving up and down in the buffer using C-n/C-p rather than the arrow keys. Also, see what happens when you use pgup/pgdown and various other emacspeak commands, like speaking the line, paragraph, etc.

Are you running any additional packages? There have been a lot of posts about various 'canned' configuration packages available in various elpa repositories of late i.e. emacs-starterkit, better-defaults, etc. I've experimented with a few of these and have found some of them break emacspeak in 'interesting' ways. I don't expect this is your issue, but mention it just in case (for example, I tried one recently which prevented emacspeak from speaking fired buffer lines).

I would also try turning off font-lock mode in the info buffer. I've found the eSpeak server doesn't deal with font-lock stuff well. I've played around with the server a bit and in the version I was running, I had disabled the multispeech support and removed some of the calls to reset eSpeak and a few other calls to make the server a bit more responsive. The eSpeak software doesn't really have the functionality to handle changes in voices like ViaVoice and I suspect attempts to mimic that behaviour has significant performance impact - but this is really just subjective guesswork on may part, which is why I've never submitted patches or improvements.

IT Security Manager, Information Technology
University of New England
Armidale N.Sl.W. 2350

Email: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +61 2 6773 3210