Re: org-drill and Preparing code for inclusion in emacspeak Mar 2015 11:45:06 +1100")

I confirm the same as observed by Bart.

I must have missed Raman's response to my original report. However, I did find that doing a make clean does not resolve the issue.

It would seem you need something in your emacspeak configuration to trigger the loading of the emacspeak-wizards file. My solution was to put

(emacspeak-wizards-toggle-yyyymmdd-date-pronouncer)

into my emacspeak load hook. However, provided one of the autoloaded wizard commands is executed prior to trying M-x package-list-packages, all works well. This makes me think that something in emacspeak-packages.el is relying on the variable in emacspeak-wizards.el, but there is no check that the file has been loaded, ensuring that the required binding has been defined. This would also mean that the chances of encountering this issue depends on how long emacspeak has been loaded and what commands have been executed prior to running package-list-packages. As my workflow is to check for updated packages right after starting emacs and before doing much else, I normally would not have run anything from emacspeak-wizards which would have loaded that file.

HTH

IT Security Manager
Information Technology Directorate
University of New England