Re: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) introduces the rootless security model

Koichi INOUE <inoue@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> /usr/bin/emacs bundled in Current OS X Yosemite is 22.1.1, so I always
> install newest Emacs with Homebrew into /usr/local.

+1 for using Homebrew and also for running Emacspeak under your home directory
rather than installing it.

OS X does not have a proper centralized package manager as Linux distributions
do, so I would recommend following UNIX tradition and installing locally built
software in /usr/local.