Re: Speech synth's, emacspeak, and Hal 95

Another question comparing the dectalk and doubletalk:

Dectalk is able to use 9 different voices.  Someone reported here that
Doubletalk is able to use 1 voice but can have its pitch changed.  From
reading the emacspeak documentation I learned that it can use different
voices for different contexts to, say, let the user know when something
is being quoted in an e-mail or if somthing is italicized and things
like that.  To me it seems that this would be a useful capability.

Is doubletalk able to provide this type of tonality changing so as to
inform the user about different contexts as the dectalk would be able
to?

Also, could anyone comment about how effectively emacspeak is able to
signal the user about different contexts using voice type and quality
dynamic modifications?  How useful and important is this feature?

One comment on TV Raman's message below:  I don't see why it would be
important to play wave files through a dectalk device since most
computers have sound cards in them today and the wave file could be
played through that.  Unless the program driving the speech does not
have access to the sound card.  Is this the case with some access
programs, like emacspeak?

Thankcs,
ag3p@xxxxxxxxxxx