Re: Emacspeak eterm and speech questions

Hi Jason,

Well, you're using the same firmware as I am, but I'm not getting
the strange noises.

You said:
> Also, again in eterm, I have noticed that the man command will only work
> in character mode. Thus, to read a manual entry I need to display each
> page on the screen and then use C-t, spacebar (with pointer mode on) to
> read between the Eterm pointer and the terminal cursor. Presumably there
> must be a simpler approach. I could, of course, redirect the output to a
> file and then read it in a separate emacs buffer. Is there a more
> convenient strategy?

Try 'm-x man'.  It'll put a formatted man page into its own buffer,
and supply you with some convenient reading commands.

If you want to use eterm for man pages, stay in terminal-line-mode.
When you want a new page of text, hit the space-bar followed by
return.  terminal-line-mode waits for a newline before
processing your keypresses, whereas the man command is waiting
for a single keystroke - like a space.  Hope that makes sense.

Good luck,

Brian.
--
   Brian L. Sellden - brian@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.henge.com/~brian