Re: more questions

Ann> Hi all,
Ann> Jason, thank you.  ...  So, in other words, if I have one computer,
Ann> it's better to use the features of Emacspeak because how can you run a
Ann> term-emulator on one computer?

Not quite, you can run a terminal emulator in emacs that will give you
another session on your computer.  You will get a command prompt just
as if you were out side of emacs, only it will be happening in an
emacs buffer so you have emacspeak there to help.  In that session you
could run pine, lynx, dos emulation, you could log in to another
computer and start an emacs session on that machine from inside your
local emacs session.  (There is quite a bit of discussion on how to do
this very thing in the list archive, have a look it is a good
resource.)  Linux can deal with multiple session.  You could be logged
in to your linux machine 40 or 50 times simultaniously doing differnt
things in each session.  I am not recomending that, just letting you
know that it is posible.

In practice I do almost everything from one emacs session using
multiple buffers.  The only real exception to this is when I have to
do a lot of ftp work, then I will start a second emacs session so that
I can still work while the ftp transfer is taking place.

Enjoy your exploration of linux and emacspeak,

Greg

--
 Greg Priest-Dorman
 priestdo@xxxxxxxxxxx      NO SOLICITING