installation

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help me here.  I'm attempting to install emacspeak 9.0
but can't get my speech synth to speak.  I have a Dectalk Multivoice connected
to the serial port of my dell workstation and have set the port to /dev/ttyS0
for linux.  When I type:

tcl emacspeak-9.0/dtk-mv

I get the tcl prompt but the Dectalk doesn't speak.

When I type:

%q {this is a test. }; d

I get the error message:

Error: can not find channel named "input".

I suppose it's something pretty obvious that I haven't done but I'd appreciate
it if someone could point out what.

Cheers, Kathleen