Re: Mbrola-server for Emacspeak available as RPM package.

Raman> Emacs is a resource hog-- running two sessions simply so one
Raman> can speak appointment messages sounds like overkill-- but go
Raman> ahead and try it.

This would just be for "proof of concept".  It would of course be
better in the long run to be able to bind an event to a particular
speech server - and if not is specifed, use the default server.  Or
perhaps if it is easier to impliment - a "change speech server localy"
command that changed the server on a per-buffer basis.

Well, the parts for my new audio device are arriveing next week, so in
a week or two I will have a machine with both a doubletalk and a
software sound option.  I ordered the parts so I could get audio icons
(something I have never used because my rigs have never had sound
cards) but this is also an intersting use of it.  I will let the
list know how it goes once it is built.  It is the audio device that
was in the September Linux journal.  Plugs into the parallel port.

Alternativly I could use the doubletalk on the local machine and use
the dectalk on the Sun as a remote speech server, using two that way.
That is somthing I may be able to try sooner.

I will let the list know once I have had the change to play a bit.

Greg

--
 Greg Priest-Dorman
 priestdo@xxxxxxxxxxx      NO SOLICITING